You are here
Examples of Success stories from France
The “PLAN SOLEIL” (2000 – 2006) was a programme aiming to boost the solar thermal applications in France.
“Plan Soleil” was considered to providing very strong incentives and measures. It is based on the following actions:
- Encouraging the purchase and the use of solar systems by means of subsidies and financial aids, usually co-financed by the regions,
- Initiating the QUALISOL quality insurance policy, aiming to enhance the professionalism of specialized installers,
- Testing and selecting innovate quality products proposed by industrials (CSTbat certification procedure),
- Promoting campaign addressed to decision makers.
- Initiating (since 2000) a national communication campaign including a public toll-free phone number (INFO>ENERGIE).
This document provides an overview of the programme with pointers to incentive schemes, how the programme used Guaranteed Solar Results and an agreement with ACCORD hotels to promote solar thermal.